PORTLAND RECORDING STUDIO POLICY & PROCEDURE
- Portland Recording Studio’s official hours of operation are from 10am to 10pm. (Any work outside of these hours, IF accepted, is considered overtime and will be billed at time-and-a-half).
- Portland Recording asks for a minimum of 1 week advance notice on studio bookings, and booking of new sessions will be subject to the studio’s availability. Rushed booking is available for an additional fee ($50 for sessions under 4 hours, $100 for over 4 hours), and is also subject to availability.
- A pre-production meeting is required before booking a new project, to ensure that everyone is well prepared and that there is an understanding of the needs and expectations of both the client and the studio. This meeting is preferred to be in person, but accommodations can be made if that is absolutely not possible.
- To secure a booking, Portland Recording requires a minimum deposit of 1/4 of the estimated total, or the equivalent of 1 hr of studio time per session, whichever is greater. No new session will be booked without a deposit. This deposit will be credited towards the services you receive. This deposit is refundable if the session is cancelled or rescheduled a minimum 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time. Half the deposit will be forfeit for cancellations the day prior to the booking, and ALL of the deposit will be forfeit for cancellations (including no-shows) the day-of the session.
- Portland Recording Studio reserves the right to refuse service to clients based on the subjective discretion of the staff.
- Billing for sessions start ON TIME. Be properly prepared by planning on arriving 15 minutes early, or call ahead to potentially arrive earlier. Billing for studio time begins promptly at the scheduled time, regardless if the client is present. Time is billed in 1/4 hour increments.
- All setup time will be billed as regular studio time. This includes: load-in and instrument setup, microphone placement, level setting, client data preparation, CD burning, etc.
-Lockout sessions are based on 10 hrs. per day for two or more consecutive days. Additional studio time will be charged during lockout sessions if the recording time exceeds 10 hrs.
- All mixes, CD-R’s, Hard Drives, Master Tapes, etc. shall remain the property of Portland Recording Studio until all invoices are paid in full.
- Payment for services rendered is due in full at the time of service. We welcome pre-payment for the session.
- Payments can be made in person in cash, or via paypal (email@example.com). Checks are only accepted for deposits on sessions, and the booking will only occur once the check has cleared.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas.
- Food and Drink is allowed in the Greenroom ONLY.
- Don’t leave your trash around. Place your unwanted trash in the trash cans provided.
- Please be respectful to the neighbors during arrival and departure.
- Do NOT bring anyone with you who is not a part of the recording. This includes boy/girlfriends, friends, relatives, etc.
- Do NOT bring young children along with you to the studio for more than a few moments before and after the session, and that is ONLY if necessary, and we require notice if anyone under the age of 18 will be present. Our facility is not equipped to handle childcare, and you will be held liable for any damages you and your guests cause to the studio.
- Portland Recording Studio is not responsible for data left on premises, either the dissemination of said data or loss thereof.
- Portland Recording Studio is not responsible for educating or instructing any client on the care and safety of digital data.
- Portland Recording Studio is not responsible for unrecoverable data, whether it be on analog tape, hard drive, or ANY other medium.
- Portland Recording is not liable or responsible for the storage of client data. Clients are responsible to provide their own hard drive or storage devices to back up their data at the end of each session.
- Clients assume all risks associated with storing, on or off the premises of Portland Recording Studio, or Portland Recording Studio’s use of, any and all sound recordings, video recordings, digital data in any storage format including but not limited to audio, video, smpte, midi, or other file types, or equipment of any kind or nature and shall hold Portland Recording Studio harmless from any and all damage that might occur to said articles for any reason. Portland Recording Studio is not liable with respect to “downtime” of any and all studio sessions as a result from equipment malfunction or availability, personnel, hired musicians, acts of nature or public utility companies, etc.. Liability shall be limited solely to the studio time of such booked session; and client(s) agree to hold Portland Recording Studio free from any and all damages from such “downtime”.
ANY AND ALL DAMAGE TO THE BUILDING, PERSONS ATTENDING SESSION, AND EQUIPMENT USED DURING THE USE OF THE FACILITY, BY CLIENT AND/OR THEIR VISITORS, IS THE SOLE LEGAL AND FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT. ALL DAMAGE COSTS INCURRED BY THE CLIENT MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY NO LATER THAN (48) FORTY-EIGHT HOURS FROM THE TIME THAT THE INCIDENT OCCURRED. WE ARE NOT LEGALLY OR FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ITEMS BROUGHT INTO OR LEFT ON THE PREMISES. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT CLIENTS OBTAIN INSURANCE TO PROTECT AGAINST POSSIBLE DAMAGE EXPENSE OR LOSS OF ARTICLE(S) OF VALUE LEFT ON THE PREMISES. THIS INCLUDES EQUIPMENT, MASTER TAPES, HARD DRIVES, OR ANY MEDIA LEFT AT PORTLAND RECORDING STUDIO DURING SESSIONS OR BEFORE PAYMENT.
MAKE MULTIPLE BACKUPS OF YOUR DATA. DIGITAL AUDIO DOES NOT EXIST UNLESS IT IS IN THREE SEPARATE LOCATIONS. THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! BACKUP COPIES OF SESSIONS IN THE DIGITAL REALM SHOULD BE MADE DAILY DURING THE COURSE OF A SESSION AND TAKEN HOME WITH THE ARTIST OR PRODUCER AT NIGHT. POST-SESSION BACKUPS CAN BE MADE ONTO INTERNAL HARD DRIVES OF COMPUTERS, ONTO EXTERNAL FIRE-WIRE OR USB HARD DRIVES, STORED IN AN ONLINE DATA STORAGE BANK OR BURNED TO DVD-R OR CD-R. THERE IS NO CERTAINTY THAT A CD-R OR DVD-R WILL HOLD DATA FOR THE LONG TERM OR THAT A STORED HARD DRIVE WILL PLAY BACK AFTER SITTING FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME SO BACK UP YOUR DATA TO NEWER MEDIA AS TIME GOES ON. PORTLAND RECORDING STUDIO HIGHLY RECOMMENDS PURCHASING QUALITY, NAME BRAND HARD DRIVES.